Morning sets in long before I open my eyes. It slowly creeps up on me and pulls me close, holding me like its never going to let me go. It is claustrophobia which is comforting. I can feel it through the length of my body, pressed against me, trying to cradle me awake. Its touch is soft.... and its breath down my neck softer than any breeze. Senses awakening before i do... I turn around to smell it. Still with my eyes shut. It reminds me of home... and of distant places. And oceans i wouldn’t mind drowning in as long as its warmth envelopes me. The sun kisses my face and cajoles my eyes to open. Unwilling, they open languidly. The world is out of focus and Morning waits impatiently. I look up at it and smile. Morning enters my soul... Sometimes reality is better than dreaming.

brill :)
ReplyDelete